The portable passport station trips to Los Angeles on March 20, 21, Minneapolis on April 24, 25, Chicago on May 29, 30, New York on October 22, 23, 24 and Houston on November have been canceled. The Embassy of the Republic of Latvia to the U.S. will continue monitoring the public health situation, and examine possibilities of rescheduling the passport station trips to Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York and Houston to a later dates.
The process for requesting a passport and/or eID card at the Portable Passport Station is the same as at the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C.
Passport applications can only be processed if the applicant´s personal data (e.g. name, date/place of birth and citizenship) are correct and up-to-date in the Population Register of Latvia. E.g. a name change due to marriage or a child born outside of Latvia shall be registered in the Population Register of the Republic of Latvia before submitting the passport application. Information on Changes in the Population Register of Latvia is available here
The schedule of the Portable Passport Stations in 2020 is available here
A passport must be applied for in person. An appointment is required by the Embassy of Latvia and every applicant will be assigned a specific appointment time.
- APPLICATION form (to be filled out in Latvian);
2. Copy of the old passport (expired or soon-to-expire);
3. Application regarding address in the US;
4. Copy of a document proving your permanent residence in the U.S (US passport, permanent resident card, work authorization, US visa, I-94 or I-20 forms, etc.);
5. Copy of a birth certificate if applying for the first time;
6. A person under the age of 15 shall be issued a passport upon request of parent or custodian who holds Latvian citizenship.
While visiting the Portable Passport Station, the originals of the above-mentioned documents must be submitted or presented.
The passport and/or eID card fee can be paid only by debit or credit card.
Prices for a passport and/or eID card at the Portable Passport Station:
- passport only - 135 EUR
- passport and eID card – 140 EUR
- passport for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 9 months - 120 EUR
- passport and the eID card for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 9 months – 125 EUR
- eID card only - 120 EUR
- eID card only for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 9 months - 110 EUR.
The fee includes the cost of shipment of the passport and/or eID card with FedEx. An additional fee of EUR 25 will be applied to request eID card with the electronic signature certificate.
Average processing time for a new passport or eID card is 8 weeks.
Please note: the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C. reserves the right to cancel/reschedule portable passport station trips due to technical reasons or insufficient amount of applications.