The Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers, No.77 "On the Conception for Increasing of the State Budget Financing for Implementation of the Development Cooperation Policy of the Republic of Latvia 2006 – 2010"
1. Approve the Conception for Increasing of the State Budget Financing for Implementation of the Development Cooperation Policy of the Republic of Latvia 2006 – 2010 (hereinafter – conception).
2. State the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as the responsible institution for coordination of the implementation of the conception.
3. Support the model for financing increase as defined in the sub-chapter 4.2 of the conception – until 2010, for Latvia to attain the ODA level equivalent to 0.1% of GNI in accordance with the indications of the statistical overviews of the Development Assistance Committee. of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
4. Annualy by June 1, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall submit to the Cabinet of Ministers.an informative report about the required financing for development cooperation for the next budgetary year
5. With regard to the implementation and assessment of the conception, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall submit to the Cabinet of Ministers:
5.1. an Interim Report – by June 15, 2008;
5.2. a Final Report – by December 31, 2011.
6. The question about additional aid allocation from the state budget for the implementation of the Development Cooperation Policy Programme of the Republic of Latvia 2006 – 2010 shall be reviewed by the Cabinet of Ministers together with the submissions of the budgetary prioritiesof other line ministries and central institutions, upon preparation of the draft for the annual state budget.
Prime Minister A.Kalvītis
Minister of Foreign Affairs A.Pabriks